Cheltenham Register Office - Birth Appointments Only
Latest arrangements with information concerning arrival, attendance and Covid restrictions:
Cheltenham Register Office,County Offices, St Georges Road, GL50 3EW. For Birth Registration
Please note: The office is on the first floor and the lift is currently out of order. Public car parking is by pay and display in St George’s Road. St George’s Road Car Park is currently unavailable.
Please arrive on time for your appointment and no more than 5 minutes before your appointment. Any late appointments will need to re book as we will be unable to accommodate this due to our social distancing practices on site.
- Only one person is to attend the appointment unless joint registration is required e.g unmarried parents for Births, or use of an Interpreter.
- Apart from the baby being registered we are unable to accommodate any other children. If you are unable to find childcare the birth registration can be deferred. Please be aware that the Registration Officer has a right to defer the appointment upon your arrival if the registration cannot be safely undertaken in line with the above.
- Please arrive at the side door to the building and come up to the first floor. Our waiting area is inside the glass door to the left. The registrar will escort you to the registration office maintaining social distance at all times.
- Please make use of the antibacterial hand gel that is available.
- Please note that toilet facilities and baby changing are currently not available at this site.
- Payments to be made via card to avoid cash handling. Please note we are unable to accept contactless payments.
Please note this office is appointment based only.
There is no facility for ceremonies at present at Cheltenham.