Cirencester (library) - Birth, Death and Notice Appointments Only
Location and contact details for Cirencester Register Office
Latest arrangements with information concerning arrival, attendance and Covid restrictions:
Cirencester. For Birth Registration, Notice of Marriage / Civil Partnership
Please arrive on time for your appointment and no more than 5 minutes before your appointment. Any late appointments will need to re book as we will be unable to accommodate this due to our social distancing practices on site.
- Only one person is to attend the appointment unless joint registration is required e.g unmarried parents for Births, couples giving Notice of Marriage/Civil Partnership, or use of an Interpreter.
- Apart from the baby being registered we are unable to accommodate any other children within the Register Office. If you are unable to find childcare the birth registration can be deferred. Please be aware that the Registration Officer has a right to defer the appointment upon your arrival if the registration cannot be safely undertaken in line with the above.
- Please attend via the main doors of the Library and our Registration officer will meet you and escort you to the Registration office. This is on the first floor and there is a lift available if required.
- Please make use of the antibacterial hand gel that is available upon arrival.
- The registrar will escort you to the registration area maintaining social distance at all times.
- Please note that toilet facilities and baby changing are currently not available at this site.
- Payments to be made via card to avoid cash handling. Please note we are unable to accept contactless payments
Please note this office is appointment based only on varying days of the week.
There is no facility for ceremonies at Cirencester library.
The Cirencester Register Office is located on the first floor of the Cirencester Library, The Waterloo, Cirencester. There is a lift available, if required.