Forest of Dean (Cinderford)
Location and contact details for the Forest of Dean (Cinderford) Register Office
Latest arrangements with information concerning arrival, attendance and Covid restrictions:
Cinderford. For Birth Registration, Notice of Marriage / Civil Partnership
Please arrive on time for your appointment and no more than 5 minutes before your appointment. Any late appointments will need to re book as we will be unable to accommodate this due to our social distancing practices on site.
Only one person is to attend the appointment unless joint registration is required e.g unmarried parents for Births, couples giving Notice of Marriage/Civil Partnership, or use of an Interpreter.
- Apart from the baby being registered we are unable to accommodate any other children within the Register Office. If you are unable to find childcare the birth registration can be deferred. Please be aware that the Registration Officer has a right to defer the appointment upon your arrival if the registration cannot be safely undertaken in line with the above.
- Please arrive at the main door to Belle Vue Centre and ring the door bell and then wait outside in designated area (left hand side of door) until called in by Registration Officer.
- Please make use of the Anti bacterial Gel point in the outside porch, right hand side, prior to entering.
- The Registrar will then meet you and escort you to the registration area maintaining social distance at all times
- Please note that toilet facililtes and baby changing are currently not available at this site.
- Payments to be made via card to avoid cash handling. Please note we are unable to accept contactless payments
About the Register Office
Please note this office is appointment based only.
The Forest of Dean Office is housed in the Belle Vue Centre which was built as an imposing private Victorian residence by a wealthy local mine owner in the late 1850s.
It has a car park adjacent and disabled access is at the side of the building. The main entrance is reached by a wide flight of stone steps, and a stone pathway leads to a secluded garden area, both are ideal for photographs.
The Oaks** is attractively furnished and enjoys the benefit of a comfort cooling system. The room has a maximum occupancy of 48* (including the couple and the two Registrars) which means that you can invite up to 44 guests..
*Please note due to Covid-19 and until further notice the occupancy has been reduced to 19 persons maximum to include 2 registration officers, the couple and no more than 15 guests. Please visit: https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/births-marriages-deaths-and-civil-partnerships/gloucestershire-registration-service-latest-current-updated-information/latest-update-for-notices-marriages-and-civil-partnerships-ceremonies/ for up to date information
** Confetti (biodegradable) can be thrown outside the building.
Find out more
For details of our ceremony options and availability please contact our ceremonies team at email@example.com or 01452 425060 (option 3).