Gloucester Register Office
Please arrive on time for your appointment and no more than 5 minutes before your appointment. Any late appointments will need to re-book as we will be unable to accommodate this due to our social distancing practices on site.
- Preferably only one person is to attend the appointment unless joint registration is required e.g. unmarried parents for Births, couples giving Notice of Marriage/Civil Partnership, or use of an interpreter.
- Apart from the baby being registered we are unable to accommodate any other children within the Register Office. If you are unable to find childcare the birth registration can be deferred. Please be aware that the Registration Officer has a right to defer the appointment upon your arrival if the registration cannot be safely undertaken in line with the above.
- Please arrive at the main doors of Shire Hall.
- Ramp access available
- Please make use of any antibacterial hand gel that is available.
- The registrar will collect and escort you to the appropriate office, maintaining social distance at all times.
- Please note that no toilet or baby changing facilities are available at this site.
- We ask that payments could be made by card to avoid cash handling.
About the Register Office
Please note this office is appointment based only.
The Gloucester Office and Ceremony Room are conveniently located within Shire Hall, Westgate Street. There is pay and display car parking in the immediate vicinity.
Please visit: https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/births-marriages-deaths-and-civil-partnerships/gloucestershire-registration-service-latest-current-updated-information/latest-update-for-notices-marriages-and-civil-partnerships-ceremonies/ for up to date information. View the ceremony room layout.
** Confetti (biodegradable) can be thrown outside the building and there is a photo opportunity on the impressive front steps.
Find out more