Please note that we are unable to take card payments from our Moreton office until further notice. Please bring exact cash or a cheque to the appointments. Please note that you can pre-order certificates or request and pay for certificates after the appointment. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Please Note: Although there is a lift on site, if you feel you would be unable to use the stairs in the event of lift failure / non operation, please advise us accordingly upon booking.
Please arrive on time for your appointment and no more than 5 minutes before your appointment. Any late appointments will need to re book as we will be unable to accommodate this due to our social distancing practices on site.
- Preferably only one person is to attend the appointment unless joint registration is required e.g. unmarried parents for Births, couples giving Notice of Marriage/Civil Partnership, or use of an interpreter.
- Apart from the baby being registered we are unable to accommodate any other children within the Register Office. If you are unable to find childcare the birth registration can be deferred. Please be aware that the Registration Officer has a right to defer the appointment upon your arrival if the registration cannot be safely undertaken in line with the above.
- Parking is available at the rear of the library building.
- Please arrive at rear library door and go up in the lift to the first floor. If you are unable to use the lift, please ring the bell and a member of the registration service will meet you and escort you to the registration area, maintaining social distance at all times.
- Please make use of any antibacterial hand gel that is available.
- Please note that toilet facilities and baby changing are currently not available at this site.
- Payments to be made via card to avoid cash handling. Please note we are unable to accept contactless payments.
Please note this office is appointment based only.
There is no facility for ceremonies at Moreton Library.