Stroud Register Office
Please arrive on time for your appointment and no more than 5 minutes before your appointment. Any late appointments will need to re-book as we will be unable to accommodate this due to our social distancing practices on site.
- Preferably only one person is to attend the appointment unless joint registration is required e.g. unmarried parents for Births, couples giving Notice of Marriage/Civil Partnership, or use of an interpreter.
- Apart from the baby being registered we are unable to accommodate any other children within the Register Office. If you are unable to find childcare the birth registration can be deferred. Please be aware that the Registration Officer has a right to defer the appointment upon your arrival if the registration cannot be safely undertaken in line with the above.
- Please make use of any antibacterial hand gel that is available.
- Please arrive at the side entrance and take a seat in the waiting area. The Registration Officer will then escort you to the appropriate registration area.
- We ask that payments could be made by card to avoid cash handling.
- Please note parking is available and ramped access.
About the Register Office
Please note this office is appointment based only.
The Stroud office is a charming former Victorian school built of Cotswold stone that stands at the top of the town with views across the valleys. It was sensitively converted into the Register Office in 1995.
The Ceremony Room is a spacious hall with oak beams, attractively decorated in Wedgwood blue and white. View the ceremony room layout.
Please visit: https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/births-marriages-deaths-and-civil-partnerships/gloucestershire-registration-service-latest-current-updated-information/latest-update-for-notices-marriages-and-civil-partnerships-ceremonies/ for up to date information.
** Confetti (biodegradable) can be thrown outside the building.
There is a dedicated waiting room, ample parking facilities on site and full wheelchair and disabled access.
Please note: We are only able to take ceremony bookings for this location within 2 calendar years.
Find out more
For details of our ceremony options and availability please contact our ceremonies team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01452 425060 (option 3).