Location and contact details for Stroud Register Office
Latest arrangements with information concerning arrival, attendance and Covid restrictions:
Stroud. For Birth Registration, Notice of Marriage / Civil Partnership
Please arrive on time for your appointment and no more than 5 minutes before your appointment. If you are early, please remain in your car until the appointed time. Any late appointments will need to re book as we will be unable to accommodate this due to our social distancing practices on site.
- Only one person is to attend the appointment unless joint registration is required e.g unmarried parents for Births, couples giving Notice of Marriage/Civil Partnership, or use of an Interpreter.
- Apart from the baby being registered we are unable to accommodate any other children within the Register Office. If you are unable to find childcare the birth registration can be deferred. Please be aware that the Registration Officer has a right to defer the appointment upon your arrival if the registration cannot be safely undertaken in line with the above.
- Please arrive in the car park and remain in your car until the Registration Office comes to collect you. Please note parking is available and ramped access.
- Please make use of the antibacterial hand gel that is available.
- The registrar will then escort you to the appropriate registration area, maintaining social distance at all times.
- Please note that toilet facilities and baby changing are currently not available at this site.
- Payments to be made via card to avoid cash handling. Please note we are unable to accept contactless payments
About the Register Office
Please note this office is appointment based only.
The Stroud Office is a charming former Victorian school built of Cotswold stone that stands at the top of the town with views across the valleys. It was sensitively converted into the Register Office in 1995.
The Ceremony Room is a spacious hall with oak beams, attractively decorated in Wedgwood blue and white. It has a maximum occupancy of 60 (including the couple and the two Registrars) which means that you can invite up to 56 guests, in a mix of seated and standing..* Please note due to Covid-19 the occupancy has been reduced. Please visit https://www.gloucestershireregistrationservice.co.uk/faqs-for-marriage-civil-partnership-advice-with-covid-19/ for up to date information * Confetti (biodegradable) can be thrown outside the building.
There is a dedicated waiting room, ample parking facilities on site and full wheelchair and disabled access.
Please note: We are only able to take ceremony bookings for this location one year ahead.
Find out more
For details of our ceremony options and availability please contact our ceremonies team at email@example.com or 01452 425060 (option 3).