Build Back Better – councillor scheme
A county councillor led community initiative grant programme that is accessible to all community and voluntary groups to provide funding to help communities recover, rebuild and protect themselves from the impacts of COVID-19.
The fund will be a rolling programme over a 4 year period of 2021-2025. Applications will be accepted from 30th July 2021 until 31st January 2025.
What is the grant for?
The Build Back Better Fund is designed to support your community to recover from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic which means the county council will be as flexible as possible in the projects it will fund. To give an idea of what can be funded, take a look at the projects supported by the Growing Our Communities Fund that ran from 2018 -2021.
Examples could include:
- Friends of local parks that encourage volunteers or create safer park environments
- Hub activities that bring people together
- Path improvements along a canal tow path
- Lunch clubs
- Create cycle ways
- Recruit digital champions
- Food projects
- One off events and celebrations
- Replacing a heating system in a village hall
If you want to discuss whether your project or community group is eligible or have any other questions on the fund please get in touch with our grants team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.