How will the bid be evaluated?
The following elements will be considered when evaluating each application submitted by the deadline:
- The ‘reach’ of the event – how many people it is expected/likely to benefit
- The expected impact of the event on the local economy – how it will help to revitalise local shops, businesses and tourism.
- Whilst we will welcome bids for innovative or new activity, we will expect organisations to demonstrate that they have the relevant skills and experience needed for the event to be delivered successfully.
- Legacy – the purpose of the grants is to help revitalise the local economy, so the best/successful bids will be those that demonstrate a lasting impact on local businesses.
- For a bid to be successful it is important that you confirm that the relevant local county councillor is aware of the bid. Please use the following link to check who your local Gloucestershire County Council is - https://glostext.gloucestershire.gov.uk/mgFindMember.aspx