Skip to content

Routes into social work

Looking to get into Social Work?

Here are the different routes into social work.

This route might involve either a 3-year (BA) or 2-year (MA) qualification course, with work-based placements in years 2 and 3 for the BA course, and in both years 1 and 2 for the MA course.

You would be trained as a generic social worker and could opt to work in either children’s social care or in adult’s social care.

The entry requirements and admissions processes for each university may vary slightly, so it’s worth checking this out on their website before you apply.

Page updated: 26/01/2023 Page updated by: Communications Team

Help us improve Gloucestershire County Council

Don’t include personal or financial information like your National Insurance number or credit card details.