Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE) Programme
The role of Newly Qualified Social Worker (NQSW)
Our ASYE training programme will support you to grow and develop to work on the front line alongside experienced and established Social Workers within your team. You will be mentored and guided as you build your knowledge and skills. Further to this our Practice Learning Team will provide bespoke planned support to ensure you achieve your potential.
To undertake this role with us we need:
- Your commitment and enthusiasm to add value to our Children’s Service
- You to foster a learning culture with a high level of support and challenge
- You to also bring resilience to manage situations of a challenging nature
- Your curiosity, analytical and communication skills to deliver high quality assessments to ensure the best outcomes for our children and their families
Training and Support for ASYE’s
Over the course of your ASYE, our Social Work Academy will be an invaluable source of support and alongside your peers; it will be with you every step of the way providing learning and development to help you realise your full potential.
Our Social Work Academy has the vision that best social work practice comes about when social workers are supported, nurtured and have the opportunity to access training and space for reflection. Social work is a challenging but rewarding career and we want you to feel valued and supported so that you can deliver excellent social work practice.
To support our NQSW’s, we offer the following:
- Protected Staged Caseload.
- Monthly training and reflective group supervision
- Protected development days
- Access to Research in Practice
- Targeted audits for the holistic assessment to meet our Practice Standards.
- Continuous professional learning and development
- Coaching and mentoring with advanced practitioners
The main aim of our programme is to help our social workers to develop the skills they need to to achieve better outcomes for children and their families.