Recruitment and Selection Process
We have worked to design a recruitment and selection process that is concise but rigorous to ensure our workers are of the highest standard. For further details see below.
- Application and Shortlisting – Candidate follows the online process and submits a CV and application. New applications are reviewed daily, with shortlisted candidates contacted to arrange an interview within one working day of their application.
- Interview and assessment - Interview panels are held fortnightly so candidates will always have a reasonable amount of notice to attend. Your interview will be made up of both basic and competency-based interview techniques, including assessment of your motivations and commitment to Social Care.
- Post-interview – After your interview, you’ll get an outcome and feedback within one working day of your interview.
- Offer – If successful at interview, your conditional offer letter and new starter paperwork will be sent out to you within 2 working days of your verbal acceptance.
- Pre-employment checks – Before we can confirm a start date with you, we will need to complete our essential pre-employment checks. We will need to verify the originals of your ID, Driving License and Right to Work documentation. We will also need to have reference information and have initiated a new DBS check for you (if applicable).
- Start Date – Once your primary checks have been completed, we will contact you again to arrange a start date and discuss the team you have been matched to.
- Final Checks – There are some final checks that need to be completed before you can start in your new position. Most importantly will be the verification of your new DBS certificate (if a new application has been completed for you). We will also check your HCPC registration, relevant qualifications and you will be asked to complete a medical declaration form.
- Day One – You are now cleared to start in your new position and continue your career in Children’s Social Care with Gloucestershire County Council.