Part 3 - Responsibility for functions
Below are the responsibility for functions.
- Section 1 - The function of the Full Council
- Section 2 - Local choice functions
- Section 3 - Full Council functions of a regulatory nature (non-cabinet functions)
- 3.1 - Appeals committee
- 3.2 - Appointments committee
- 3.3 - Constitution committee
- 3.4 - Pensions committee
- 3.5 - Pensions board
- 3.6 - Planning Committee
- Council Regulatory Functions
- 3.7 - Safety and Licensing committee
- 3.8 - Commons and Rights of Way committee
- 3.9 - Traffic Regulation committee
- 3.10 - Audit and Governance committee
- 3.11 - Scrutiny committees
- 3.12 - Health and Wellbeing Board
- 3.13 - Gloucestershire Police and Crime Panel
- Section 4 - Responsibility for Executive functions
- Section 5 - Scheme of delegation
- Section 6 - Joint arrangements
- Section 7 - General statement of policy
The purpose of the Pensions Committee is to give advice on the proper management of the Gloucestershire Pension Fund and carry out the function of the Council as Administering Authority.
Table 3.04: The duties of the Pensions Committee
In accordance with the policies and budget of the Council from time to time:
Pensions Committee Membership
6 County Councillors.
One Member with voting rights to be co-opted by the Pensions Committee following nomination by the Gloucestershire branch of the Local Government Association to represent the interests of District Councils.
One staff representative without voting rights to be co-opted by the Pensions Committee following nomination by the unions.
Note: Because of the specialist nature of this work, no substitution is permitted.