Part 3 - Responsibility for functions
Below are the responsibility for functions.
- Section 1 - The function of the Full Council
- Section 2 - Local choice functions
- Section 3 - Full Council functions of a regulatory nature (non-cabinet functions)
- 3.1 - Appeals committee
- 3.2 - Appointments committee
- 3.3 - Constitution committee
- 3.4 - Pensions committee
- 3.5 - Pensions board
- 3.6 - Planning Committee
- Council Regulatory Functions
- 3.7 - Safety and Licensing committee
- 3.8 - Commons and Rights of Way committee
- 3.9 - Traffic Regulation committee
- 3.10 - Audit and Governance committee
- 3.11 - Scrutiny committees
- 3.12 - Health and Wellbeing Board
- 3.13 - Gloucestershire Police and Crime Panel
- Section 4 - Responsibility for Executive functions
- Section 5 - Scheme of delegation
- Section 6 - Joint arrangements
- Section 7 - General statement of policy
The Cabinet has established the following Joint Committee to which it has delegated certain of its responsibilities
6.1 Gloucestershire Economic Growth Joint Committee
- Pursuant to a partnership arrangements between Cheltenham Borough Council, Cotswold District Council, Gloucester City Council, Stroud District Council and Tewkesbury Borough Council, Forest of Dean District Council and Gloucestershire County Council, the Gloucestershire Economic Growth Joint Committee was formed under Sections 101, 102 of the Local Government Act 1972 and under Part 1A Chapter 2 Section 9EB of the Local Government Act 2000 and pursuant to the Local Authorities (Arrangements for the Discharge of Functions (England) Regulations 2012
- The functions of the Gloucestershire Economic Growth Joint Committee are as follows:
2.1 Each of the Councils empowers the Joint Committee to discharge on their behalf the power to do anything it considers likely to achieve the promotion or improvement of the economic wellbeing of the area of Gloucestershire together with such additional functions as the respective constituent Councils may determine from time to time.
2.2. To facilitate and enable collaboration between the local authorities on economic development and associated activities.
2.3 In conjunction with the GFirst LEP Board, to formulate and agree the Gloucestershire Strategic Economic Plan GFirst LEP Plan (and Implementation Plans), the GFirst LEP EU Structural and Investment Fund Strategy, and other plans and strategies related to economic growth, and to work jointly to ensure their delivery.
2.4 To lobby and carry out other activities that help achieve the promotion or improvement of the economic wellbeing of the area of Gloucestershire.
2.5 To promote the vision contained in the Gloucestershire Strategic Economic Plan and to make recommendations to the GFirst LEP Board on any other matter relating to the economic wellbeing of Gloucestershire.
2.6 To have insight and the opportunity to review the GFirst LEP Board’s activities and consider any further.
2.7 To seek the allocation of resources to achieve the promotion or improvement of the economic wellbeing of the area of Gloucestershire.
2.8 To ensure a co-ordinated approach to and liaise with the:-
- Local Transport Board
- County Strategic Planning and Infrastructure Group
- LEP Investment Panel
- EU Structural and Investment Fund Board
- Business Rates Pool Arrangements
and other relevant Groups/Boards as the respective constituent Councils may determine from time to time.
2.9 To provide political and democratic accountability by:
- Monitoring the delivery of each priority, plan, project or programme included in the SEP and by ensuring that action is taken to review and prepare revised action plans as necessary
- Monitoring the annual SEP budget
- Reviewing the annual SEP Report of GFirst LEP
- Advising and making recommendations to the Accountable Body.
- The membership of the committee comprises
3.1 one elected member from each partner authority on a ‘one member, one vote’ basis. Such member to be the leader (or other appointed executive member where executive arrangements are in place) from each partner authority.
3.2 the Chair and one other Board member of GFirst LEP or Substitute Board Members notified in advance (non-voting).
- Each Committee member shall remain in office until removed or replaced by their appointing local authority, or in case of an executive member, until they cease to be a member of the Executive of the appointing local authority.
- Where a substitute member takes the place of a committee member who is an executive member of the appointing partner authority, the substitute must also be a member of the executive. The substitute member shall have the same rights of speaking and voting at meetings as the member for whom the substitution is made.
- The Committee will meet formally in public session on a quarterly basis with informal meetings, workshops and visits arranged as and when required.
- The Committee may appoint working groups, comprising Gloucestershire Economic Growth Joint Committee members; officers from any of the partner authorities to consider specific matters and to report back to the committee with recommendations or any sub-committee with recommendations. Each partner authority may also send any of its officers to committee meetings to support its members or anyone invited to observe at meetings.
- A Chair and Vice-Chair will be elected at the first committee meeting and annually thereafter at the Annual General Meeting.
9. The quorum for a meeting shall be four voting members. If quorum is not reached within 30 minutes of the start of the meeting, (or if quorum ceases to be present during a meeting), the meeting shall be adjourned to the same time and venue five business days later or to such other date, time and venue as the Chair (or other person who is chairing the meeting) shall determine.