Part 3 - Responsibility for functions
Below are the responsibility for functions.
- Section 1 - The function of the Full Council
- Section 2 - Local choice functions
- Section 3 - Full Council functions of a regulatory nature (non-cabinet functions)
- 3.1 - Appeals committee
- 3.2 - Appointments committee
- 3.3 - Constitution committee
- 3.4 - Pensions committee
- 3.5 - Pensions board
- 3.6 - Planning Committee
- Council Regulatory Functions
- 3.7 - Safety and Licensing committee
- 3.8 - Commons and Rights of Way committee
- 3.9 - Traffic Regulation committee
- 3.10 - Audit and Governance committee
- 3.11 - Scrutiny committees
- 3.12 - Health and Wellbeing Board
- 3.13 - Gloucestershire Police and Crime Panel
- Section 4 - Responsibility for Executive functions
- Section 5 - Scheme of delegation
- Section 6 - Joint arrangements
- Section 7 - General statement of policy
General statement of policy by the leader, the full council and the cabinet in respect of the distribution of functions to the full council, council bodies, cabinet member and officers.
The Council, the Leader and Cabinet intend that Officers should be able to exercise any duty or power that could be exercised by them or any Council body. Accordingly, where the law confers a function, duty or power on the Authority but no Officer has been expressly authorised to exercise that function, duty or power under the Scheme of Delegation, the Council, the Leader and Cabinet (insofar as it is within their remit) hereby authorise any Director and any person authorised by any of them, to exercise that function, duty or power on behalf of the Authority.
Note: Where an Officer has been expressly authorised to exercise a function, duty or power, only that Officer and any other Officer authorised in accordance with paragraph 5.7 of Section 5, can exercise that function, duty or power.