Part 4 - Cabinet procedure rules
Below are the Cabinet procedure rules.
- 1 - Membership of the Cabinet
- 2 - The role of the Cabinet
- 3 - Publication of proposed decisions and decisions taken
- 4 - Conflicts of interest
- 5 - Cabinet meetings
- 6 - Key decisions
- 7 - Cabinet agenda
- 8 - How are the Cabinet meetings conducted?
- 9 - Questions at cabinet meetings
- 10 - Business conducted at meetings of the Cabinet
- 11 - Consultation
- 12 - Cabinet liaison arrangements
- 13 - Appointment of Cabinet panels
- 14 - Other groups and Cabinet business
5.1 The Cabinet will decide upon its schedule of meetings. It will meet at Shire Hall, Gloucester or, exceptionally, at another location to be agreed by the Cabinet.
5.2 The Cabinet will observe those requirements of the Access to Information Procedure Rules in Part 4 of the Constitution.
5.3 The quorum for a meeting of the Cabinet shall be four.
5.4 When the Cabinet makes an urgent decision it must comply in every respect with the Rules on Access to Information about the County Council’s Formal Business, which should be read in conjunction with these rules.
5.5 In addition to scheduled meetings, a meeting of the Cabinet may be called by the Leader of the Council, a Cabinet Member, the Chief Executive, the Monitoring Officer or the Executive Director of Corporate Resources.
5.6 The Leader of the Council or a Cabinet Member may cancel any meeting of the Cabinet. If this occurs, all Members of the Council shall be notified of the cancellation and the reasons for it by email as soon as possible.