Part 4 - Call-in procedure rules
Below are the call-in procedure rules.
- 1 - Scope
- 2 - Publication of Cabinet decisions and implementation
- 3 - Grounds for call-in
- 4 - Call-in procedure
- 5 - Call-in and deferring implementation
- 6 - Consideration by the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 7 - Action by the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 8 - Action by the Cabinet, Leader of the Council or Cabinet Member
- 9 - Response to the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 10 - Call-in of urgent decisions and urgent implementation
- 11 - Call-in of decisions outside the Policy Framework and budge
- 12 - Call-in template
1.1 All decisions which are the responsibility of the Cabinet (which includes all executive decisions made by the Leader of the Council, a Cabinet Member, or key decisions made by Officers, under delegated powers) are subject to these rules. Any decision which is the responsibility of the Cabinet, but not yet implemented, can be called-in within the timescale set out in 2.3 below.
1.2 Call-in should only be used in exceptional circumstances and be invoked only when there is evidence to suggest one or more of the conditions referred to in paragraph 3 below have been satisfied.
1.3 Recommendations to full Council in respect of matters which are not within the policy or budget of the Council are not executive decisions and therefore are not subject to these rules.