Part 4 - Call-in procedure rules
Below are the call-in procedure rules.
- 1 - Scope
- 2 - Publication of Cabinet decisions and implementation
- 3 - Grounds for call-in
- 4 - Call-in procedure
- 5 - Call-in and deferring implementation
- 6 - Consideration by the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 7 - Action by the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 8 - Action by the Cabinet, Leader of the Council or Cabinet Member
- 9 - Response to the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 10 - Call-in of urgent decisions and urgent implementation
- 11 - Call-in of decisions outside the Policy Framework and budge
- 12 - Call-in template
2.1 All decisions taken by the Cabinet, the Leader of the Council or a Cabinet Member and any key decision taken by Officers under delegated powers will be published and shall be made available at Shire Hall as soon as reasonably practicable after being made.
2.2 All County Councillors will also be sent copies of the decisions at the same time by the Chief Executive.
2.3 The notification of decisions will bear the date on which it is published and will state that the decisions will come in to force, and may be implemented, after five working days, unless the decision has been called-in under this procedure.
2.4 Subject to paragraph 10 below, no decisions taken by the Cabinet shall be implemented until expiration of the period referred to in 2.3.