Part 4 - Call-in procedure rules
Below are the call-in procedure rules.
- 1 - Scope
- 2 - Publication of Cabinet decisions and implementation
- 3 - Grounds for call-in
- 4 - Call-in procedure
- 5 - Call-in and deferring implementation
- 6 - Consideration by the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 7 - Action by the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 8 - Action by the Cabinet, Leader of the Council or Cabinet Member
- 9 - Response to the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 10 - Call-in of urgent decisions and urgent implementation
- 11 - Call-in of decisions outside the Policy Framework and budge
- 12 - Call-in template
If a decision has been called-in, in accordance with these rules, it will not be implemented until either:
5.1 The matters of concern have been resolved to the satisfaction of persons signing the notice and they have signified in writing to the Chief Executive their wish to withdraw their call-in; or
5.2 The process set out in Call-In Procedure Rule 7 has been followed.
Note: As soon as is practicable, the Chief Executive will send a copy of the call-in notice to all members of the relevant Scrutiny Committee and all political group leaders.
A Political Group Leader may request clarification from and/or discussion with one or more of the five Members giving notice and other Political Group Leaders.
The matters referred to in this note will not affect the validity or process of the call-in.