Part 4 - Call-in procedure rules
Below are the call-in procedure rules.
- 1 - Scope
- 2 - Publication of Cabinet decisions and implementation
- 3 - Grounds for call-in
- 4 - Call-in procedure
- 5 - Call-in and deferring implementation
- 6 - Consideration by the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 7 - Action by the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 8 - Action by the Cabinet, Leader of the Council or Cabinet Member
- 9 - Response to the relevant Scrutiny Committee
- 10 - Call-in of urgent decisions and urgent implementation
- 11 - Call-in of decisions outside the Policy Framework and budge
- 12 - Call-in template
8.1 A report of the relevant Scrutiny Committee (and full Council in the event Call-In Procedure Rule 7.1.4 is invoked) will be submitted to the Cabinet, Leader of the Council or Cabinet Member who will consider the views of the Scrutiny Committee (and full Council if appropriate) and either:
8.1.1 Confirm the called in decision without modification; or
8.1.2 Confirm the called in decision with modification; or
8.1.3 Rescind the called in decision, take the alternative decision recommended by full Council or (if considered appropriate) propose a new one.
8.2 In each case, the reasons must be given, particularly if the action is not as proposed by the Scrutiny Committee.
8.3 The outcome of the Cabinet’s, Leader of the Council’s or Cabinet Member’s consideration of the views of the Scrutiny Committee will be published by the Chief Executive.