Part 4 - Contract Procedure Rules
Below are the Contract Procedure Rules.
- 1 - Background
- 2 - Scope
- 3 - Accountability and Responsibility
- 4 - Basic principles
- 5 - Exemptions to these Contract Procedure Rules
- 6 - Requirements to consult the Director of Policy, Performance and Governance and the Assistant Director of Legal Services
- 7 - Procuring via Frameworks, Collaborative Procurements and Dynamic Purchasing Systems
- 8 - The contracting process
- 9 - Localism
- 10 - Framework Agreements and Dynamic Purchasing Systems
- 11 - The Quotation Process
- 12 - Tendering Exercises
- 13 - Contracts Register
- 14 - Conditions of contract and contract formalities
- 15 - Other requirements
- 16 - Procurement guidance
5.1 No Direct Contract Awards (where competition is not undertaken) over £25,000 ex VAT can be made unless authorised in writing by the Director of Policy, Performance and Governance after considering a written report by the appropriate Director.
5.2 A register of all Direct Contract Awards over £25,000 ex VAT will be maintained by the Director of Policy, Performance and Governance and will be reported to the Audit and Governance Committee on an annual basis.
5.3 These Contract Procedure Rules do not apply where the Council Scheme for Financing Schools (from time to time under Section 48 of the School Standards and Framework Action 1998) applies.
5.4 Any requirement under these Contract Procedure Rules to seek more than one tender or quotation shall not apply where arrangements are being made for the appointment of counsel or other experts by the Assistant Director of Legal Services, who must be satisfied that the fee to be paid is relative to the level of advice and expertise required.