Part 4 - Contract Standing Orders
Below are the Contract Standing Orders.
- 1 - Background
- 2 - Scope
- 3 - Accountability and Responsibility
- 4 - Basic principles
- 5 - Exemptions
- 6 - Requirements to consult Assistant Director of Legal Services and Assistant Director of Strategic Procurement
- 7 - Grants and external funding
- 8 - Collaborative Procurement, Frameworks and Use of Agents
- 9 - The contracting process
- 10 - General
- 11 - Select lists
- 12 - The quotation process
- 13 - Requirements applicable to all tendering exercises
- 14 - Tendering exercises
- 15 - Conditions of contract and contract formalities
- 16 - Other requirements
12.1 The quotation process applies when the estimated total value of a contract is £75,000 or less for goods and services and £250,000 or less for works.
12.2 All requests for quotation should be carried out on the Council’s e-procurement system in accordance with guidance from the Assistant Director of Strategic Procurement.
12.3 Where a single supplier is to be selected, an authorised officer may choose either to:
- a) place an order with the selected supplier, on the basis of a pre-quoted price (such as in a supplier’s catalogue) having satisfied themselves that the price to be paid represents good value for money; or
b) issue a request for quotation to the selected single supplier.