Part 4 - Contract Standing Orders
Below are the Contract Standing Orders.
- 1 - Background
- 2 - Scope
- 3 - Accountability and Responsibility
- 4 - Basic principles
- 5 - Exemptions
- 6 - Requirements to consult Assistant Director of Legal Services and Assistant Director of Strategic Procurement
- 7 - Grants and external funding
- 8 - Collaborative Procurement, Frameworks and Use of Agents
- 9 - The contracting process
- 10 - General
- 11 - Select lists
- 12 - The quotation process
- 13 - Requirements applicable to all tendering exercises
- 14 - Tendering exercises
- 15 - Conditions of contract and contract formalities
- 16 - Other requirements
2.1 These Contract Standing Orders apply to all relevant contracts made (including all orders placed) by, for or on behalf of the Council, including when the Council is acting on behalf of other public bodies. Relevant contracts include arrangements for:
- a) the supply or disposal of goods
- b) the hire, rental or lease of goods or equipment
- c) the provision of works and the supply of works materials
- d) the provision of services, including consultancy services
- e) the granting of works concessions or services concessions
- f) the selection of sub-contractors by the Council, where these are nominated under a main/prime contract
2.2 Relevant contracts include contracts between the Council and any other contracting party, including:
- a) Other public bodies, including other local authorities
- b) Voluntary and community sector organisations acting as suppliers to the Council.
- c) Private sector suppliers to the Council.
2.3 Relevant contracts do not include:
- a) agreements regarding the acquisition, disposal, or transfer of land, pre-existing property leases, and licenses; or
- b) the award of grants by the Council
The rules governing these are covered by separate procedural guidelines approved (from time to time) by the Cabinet, Leader of the Council or a Cabinet Member.
2.4 Subject to the Fair Funding Scheme for Financing Schools of the Council for the time being under Section 48 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 these Standing Orders apply to Gloucestershire Education Authority schools.