Part 4 - Contract Standing Orders
Below are the Contract Standing Orders.
- 1 - Background
- 2 - Scope
- 3 - Accountability and Responsibility
- 4 - Basic principles
- 5 - Exemptions
- 6 - Requirements to consult Assistant Director of Legal Services and Assistant Director of Strategic Procurement
- 7 - Grants and external funding
- 8 - Collaborative Procurement, Frameworks and Use of Agents
- 9 - The contracting process
- 10 - General
- 11 - Select lists
- 12 - The quotation process
- 13 - Requirements applicable to all tendering exercises
- 14 - Tendering exercises
- 15 - Conditions of contract and contract formalities
- 16 - Other requirements
5.1 These Contract Standing Orders do not apply where they are superseded by the Fair Funding Scheme for Financing Schools
5.2 Any requirement under these Contract Standing Orders to seek more than one tender or quotation does not apply where arrangements are being made for the appointment of counsel or other experts by the Assistant Director of Legal Services, who must be satisfied that the fee to be paid is relative to the level of advice and expertise required.
5.3 Any requirement for competition shall not apply to the letting of a bespoke care, education, accommodation or assessment package for a specified individual or the placement of an individual to a provider accredited by the Council at the Council’s contracted rates.
5.4 Subject to CSO 13.4 (b) any exception to these Contract Standing Orders may only be made by the express direction of the Cabinet, Leader of the Council, a Cabinet Member or the Chief Executive.