Part 4 - Policy framework and budget procedure rules
Below is the policy framework and budget procedure rules.
- 1 - The framework for cabinet decisions
- 2 - Process for developing the framework
- 3 - Full Council decision and Leader's objection
- 4 - Decisions outside the policy framework or budget
- 5 - Urgent decisions outside the policy framework or budget
- 6 - The call-in of decisions outside the policy framework and budget
4.1 The Cabinet, Leader of the Council, a Cabinet Member or an Officer acting under delegated powers, may only take decisions that accord with the Council’s Policy Framework and budget.
4.2 Only the full Council may make a decision that would be contrary to the Policy Framework or contrary to, or not wholly in accordance with, the budget approved by the full Council unless paragraph 5 of these rules applies to that decision.
4.3 Where there is doubt about whether a decision that is to be taken by or on behalf of the Cabinet accords with the Policy Framework or the budget, the Cabinet, Leader of the Council, Cabinet Member or any Officer(s) discharging Cabinet functions, shall take advice from the Monitoring Officer or the Chief Financial Officer. If the advice of either of those Officers is that the decision would not accord with the Policy Framework or budget, the decision must, unless paragraph 5 applies, be made by the full Council.