Part 4 - Scrutiny procedure rules
Below are the scrutiny procedure rules.
- 1 - what will be the number and arrangements for scrutiny committees?
- 2 - Co-ordination
- 3 - Membership
- 4 - Casual vacancies
- 5 - Co-optees and voting rights scheme
- 6 - Education representatives
- 7 - Chair and Vice-Chair of scrutiny committees
- 8 - Meetings of Scrutiny Committees
- 9 - Extraordinary meetings of Scrutiny Committees
- 10 - Quorum
- 11 - Work programmes
- 12 - Agenda items
- 13 - Councillor call for action
- 14 - Policy review and development
- 15 - Reports from the Scrutiny Committees
- 16 - Members and Officers giving account
- 17 - Attendance by others
- 18 - Call-in and review of scrutiny decisions
- 19 - Procedure at Scrutiny Committee meetings
- 20 - Scrutiny task groups
14.1 The role of the Scrutiny Committees in relation to the development of the Council’s Policy Framework and budget is set out in the Policy Framework and Budget Procedure Rules.
14.2 A scrutiny committee can, additionally, at the request of the Cabinet, assist in the development of policy options that lie outside the Policy Framework and budget.
14.3 Scrutiny committees may within their annual work programme review the success of policy and its implementation over time and make recommendations.