Part 4 - Scrutiny procedure rules
Below are the scrutiny procedure rules.
- 1 - what will be the number and arrangements for scrutiny committees?
- 2 - Co-ordination
- 3 - Membership
- 4 - Casual vacancies
- 5 - Co-optees and voting rights scheme
- 6 - Education representatives
- 7 - Chair and Vice-Chair of scrutiny committees
- 8 - Meetings of Scrutiny Committees
- 9 - Extraordinary meetings of Scrutiny Committees
- 10 - Quorum
- 11 - Work programmes
- 12 - Agenda items
- 13 - Councillor call for action
- 14 - Policy review and development
- 15 - Reports from the Scrutiny Committees
- 16 - Members and Officers giving account
- 17 - Attendance by others
- 18 - Call-in and review of scrutiny decisions
- 19 - Procedure at Scrutiny Committee meetings
- 20 - Scrutiny task groups
4.1 A vacancy on a Scrutiny Committee arises when a County Councillor resigns from membership of the committee.
4.2 Vacancies which occur on Scrutiny Committees will be filled on behalf of the Council by the Chief Executive using delegated powers to appoint County Councillors to seats so as to maintain the political balance of the committee. The filling of the vacancy will be reported by the Chief Executive to the next meeting of the committee.