Part 5 - Members Allowances Scheme 2020/21
Below is the Members Allowances Scheme 2020/21.
The structure of the County Council’s Members Allowances Scheme has been developed by a Panel independent of the County Council.
All Members of the County Council are entitled to a Basic Allowance.
The Allowance is intended to recognise the community representative role that all Members undertake, which embraces:
- Being accessible and available to all individuals resident in the Electoral Division;
- Ensuring local views within the Division are fed into the decision-making structure of the Council;
- Undertaking individual case work;
- Representing the interests of the whole Council area;
- Attending meetings of any body of the County Council.
The Basic Allowance for 2020/21 is:
£10,500 per member.