Continue to provide the best facilities, vehicles, equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE) we can afford, enabling us to deliver a professional service to our communities.
We are aware of the changing risks within our communities and recognise there is a need to procure a range of professional services to maintain a wide range of assets for our staff to deliver a professional service to our communities.
When considering the renewal or enhancement of our assets, we need to consider the extent to which expenditure increases our effectiveness and efficiency to prevent, protect and respond to the significant range of emergency incidents we are called to attend.
Overall, we continue to seek ethical and sustainable procurement for our consumable items, our PPE and equipment and include the learning from many months of Covid-19.
- Undertake a review of our current fleet that includes vehicles and specialist assets, such as boats, to ensure we have the right resources to meet the current and future needs of the service
- Undertake a review of equipment and PPE provided to our specialist rescue teams, for example water rescue and working at height, to ensure they can respond safely, effectively and efficiently
- Secure sustainable capital and revenue budgets aligned to our strategic objectives
- Adopt the whole life cycle approach to asset management, engaging with end users and actively pursuing collaboration opportunities with partners
- Implement effective and sustainable asset management plans and systems providing assurance that our fleet, equipment, facilities and training resources support current and future needs
- Ensure we have compliant and collaborative procurement processes so we purchase the right products and services at the best price