People and social responsibility
Further improve our inclusive culture to ensure that we attract, retain, support and develop a diverse workforce which is truly representative of our communities.
Our team is stronger, safer and more effective when each and everyone of us is given the opportunity to contribute our best, irrespective of race, sex, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion and/or belief, marriage & civil partnerships, pregnancy & maternity or disability.
We recognise that diversity is what makes our organisation successful and drives a healthy culture, so we are committed to attracting new staff by being an employer of choice. We know that by promoting the right values, we will positively impact the working life of every member of staff and those living within the communities we serve.
We have both a moral and legal duty to move forward as a modern Fire and Rescue Service by driving equality, diversity and inclusivity. We know the views and feelings of our staff regarding inclusion and we are committed to improving our culture. We want staff to feel confident that any issues they may have will be listened to and addressed in a positive way.
We are focused and determined to provide equality of opportunity for all staff and demonstrate due regard for the value of difference, operating in an environment that encourages innovation and does not tolerate inappropriate behaviour
- Delivering the objectives contained on the cultural section of our Service Improvement Plan
- Increasing our resources and capacity in the right areas to deliver equality, diversity and inclusion work across the organisation
- Developing and maintaining our training for every member of staff regarding cultural intelligence
- Working in collaboration with other agencies and partners to access the best support and scrutiny over our future plans
- Continuing to ensure that our values and code of ethics drive everything we do
- Continuing to enhance and develop our innovative recruitment and progression practices to drive inclusivity
- Reviewing and improving our work on positive action
- Developing our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Network to strengthen its influence on the service
- Increasing engagement through visible leadership and the use of our EDI Network to ensure staff have a voice in shaping the future of our service