Deliver intelligence informed person-centred and impactful prevention activities that effectively and efficiently improve the safety, health and wellbeing of the diverse people who live, work in or visit Gloucestershire.
Effective person-centred prevention activities will ensure we maximise our ability to reduce the potential for harm arising from fire and other emergencies such as flooding, road traffic collisions, arson and medical crises. To support and enable this we need to further develop our understanding of the different ways in which people encounter risk by collecting and analysing data more effectively to ensure we maximise our prevention activities.
- Work collaboratively with partners to capture, share and analyse incident data to provide an intelligence led, risk based approach to target the vulnerable and most at risk from fire and other emergencies
- Work collaboratively to maximise capacity and reach, through the use of specialists, firefighters and partners to make every contact count
- Collaborate with other Fire and Rescue Services, the voluntary sector, local stakeholders and, where possible, use academic research to ensure we develop and deliver effective prevention activities
- Clearly evidence through evaluation, the impact our ongoing activities have on the safety, health and wellbeing of the diverse people who live, work in or visit Gloucestershire
- Actively support the Gloucestershire Road Safety Forum
- Continue to develop the outstanding work that takes place in SkillZONE and in the community to engage with children and their families as early as possible to improve their awareness of the risks from fire and other emergencies
- Continue to actively support, and lead where possible, the work of the adult and child safeguarding partnerships to create a fairer and more inclusive society in which people can live healthier and less-isolated lives