Deliver intelligence informed and impactful protection activities, to include inspections, audits, education and enforcement, which continue to reduce the likelihood and impact of fire in commercial buildings across Gloucestershire and reduce the risk to both the public and firefighters.
Targeting our resources through an effective intelligence led, Risk Based Inspection Programme will make the built environment across Gloucestershire safer through improving fire safety legislation compliance, across the business sector in Gloucestershire. This will improve the safety, health and wellbeing of our communities, reduce the economic and psychological loss to business owners, and reduce a preventable response undertaken by firefighters.
- Work collaboratively with partners to capture, share and analyse incident data to provide a strategic information advantage that informs our Risk Based Inspection Programme
- Work with other regulators and stakeholders to actively engage and educate local businesses, supported by fair and proportionate enforcement to reduce risk
- Maximise capacity and enhance firefighter safety by training operational crews to support fire safety and develop a robust Business Safe and Well inspection programme
- Continue to embed the recommendations from the ongoing Grenfell enquiry in partnership with our Learning and Development and control departments to ensure compliance across Gloucestershire
- Ensure we maintain a highly skilled and sustainable specialist fire safety team that hold the recognised qualifications for regulators as set out in the in the Competence framework for Fire Regulators (2020)
- Ensure continuous improvement through effective evaluation of protection activities utilising audit findings, to inform the annual Risk Based Inspection Programme
- Work with the NFCC to actively support and respond to learning from the Grenfell Public Inquiry and the Independent Review of Building Regulations.