Gloucestershire County Council Privacy Notice
We process the personal data that we collect for a number of different purposes. This privacy statement gives a general overview of how we use personal data.
As we offer a diverse range of services, the notice is layered, with general information supported by service specific privacy notices. These provide more detailed information about how we handle your information for specific council services, including who we will share your information with and why.
- Gloucestershire County Council General Privacy Statement
- Who do we collect personal data about?
- What personal data do we use?
- Why do we need your personal information?
- What gives us the right to use your personal information?
- Where do we get the personal data from and who will we share it with?
- How long do we keep your personal data and how do we keep it secure?
- Your rights
- Our Data Protection Officer
Personal information is anything that identifies and relates to a living person. This can include information that when put together with other information can identify a person. For example, this could be your name and contact details. The Information Commissioner provides a full definition of personal data.
Your personal data that we collect, use and share can include:
- Name and contact details;
- Personal and family details;
- Identifiers, such as National Insurance Numbers or NHS numbers;
- Lifestyle and social circumstances;
- Financial information;
- Employment and educational details;
- Housing or social care needs;
- Visual images, such as photographs or CCTV recordings;
- Licenses or permits held;
- Student and pupil records; and,
- Business activities.
We also collect what is known as sensitive personal information (or special categories of data). This is often information you would not want widely known and is very personal to you, types of sensitive data can include:
- Criminal conviction data
- Racial or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union membership
- Genetic and biometric data
- Mental or physical health details
- Sex life
- Sexual orientation
- Equalities data