Gloucestershire County Council Privacy Notice
We process the personal data that we collect for a number of different purposes. This privacy statement gives a general overview of how we use personal data.
As we offer a diverse range of services, the notice is layered, with general information supported by service specific privacy notices. These provide more detailed information about how we handle your information for specific council services, including who we will share your information with and why.
- Gloucestershire County Council General Privacy Statement
- Who do we collect personal data about?
- What personal data do we use?
- Why do we need your personal information?
- What gives us the right to use your personal information?
- Where do we get the personal data from and who will we share it with?
- How long do we keep your personal data and how do we keep it secure?
- Your rights
- Our Data Protection Officer
We need to use information about you to:
- deliver services and support to you;
- manage those services we provide to you;
- respond to your queries;
- help investigate any worries or complaints you have about your services;
- carry out promotion of our services and public awareness campaigns;
- for the prevention and control of disease and the promotion of health within the community;
- undertake corporate administration and support functions;
- keep track of spending on services;
- train and manage the employment of our workers who deliver those services;
- to evaluate and plan services;
- for historical and research reasons;
- to enforce legislation and restrictions;
- prevent and detect crime and fraud; and,
- manage archived records for historical and research reasons.