Community Services Privacy Notice
Gloucestershire County Council is the Data Controller for the personal information we collect from you. We will always ensure that we only collect the information necessary for the services we are providing you. Any information we do collect and use will be covered by our corporate policies which can be found on our Information Management and Security policies page.
However there are some specific policies covering how we use the 3 main types of information we can collect these are our Data Protection Policy, Special Category data policy and our criminal conviction data policy.
- Who do we collect personal data about?
- What personal data do we use?
- Why do we need your personal information?
- What gives us the right to use your personal information?
- What gives us the right to use your sensitive information?
- Where do we get your data from and who will we share it with?
- Transfers out of the EEA
- Your rights and how to use them
- Making a complaint to the Information Commissioner
Gloucestershire County Council provides the below services through its Community Directorate and in partnership with several organisations. We need to collect information about you in order to provide these services.
Depending on the service we may collect information about your family and other people associated with your case. We will retain your personal information in line with our retention schedule or as long as we are legally required to.
There may be reasons for us to keep your information for longer than is stated, such as if you have an open complaint about the services received, for evidence to defend a legal claim or if we are required to by law.
We will keep anonymised data about you indefinitely for data analytical purposes to ensure that we can assess, evaluate and plan our services for the future.