Information and Forms for Employers having staff eligible for the LGPS administered by Gloucestershire County Council
LGPS - Employers Administration Guide
(previously referred to as Pensions User Guide)
The guide and forms have been produced by the Pensions Section specifically in relation to administration of the Local Government Pension Scheme administered by Gloucestershire County Council.
We are unable to accept electronic submissions of these forms. Please therefore download, complete and return the appropriate form to the GCC Pensions Section by post.
Notification/Change of Nominated Contact
If you have not notified the Pensions Section of the Nominated Contact within your organisation, or wish to change the contact, please use this link Employer Nominated Contact Form to download the appropriate form for completion and return to the GCC Pensions Section by post
It is important that the nominated contact is of sufficient status to understand and act upon the information on behalf of your organisation.
- LGPS 2014: Following the changes to the LGPS in April 2014, we are working through our suite of forms to ensure that they are suitable for the additional requirements imposed by the scheme changes. We will keep your "Nominated Contact" updated with any additions/changes made to the forms.
- IMPORTANT - LGPS eligibility for "NoMo" Casuals and staff with contract for less than 3 months - effective 1st October 2012: The LGPS was amended from 1st October 2012 to allow NoMo" Casuals and staff with a contract for less than 3 months, the option to "elect" to be a member of the scheme (whereas they were previously precluded from admission). The Employers Administration Guide and new starter documentation has been updated to reflect this statutory change.
- IMPORTANT - Pensions Regulator requirements regarding Safeguarding Individuals' Rights: These provisions (which were introduced 1st July 2012) require that an Employer must play no part in providing a member with the documentation to Opt-Out of the Scheme, as this could be construed as coercion. In addition, a member can no longer make an election to Opt-Out of the scheme before the date on which they are due to join the Scheme. To help ensure compliance with this overriding legislation, the following changes have been made:
- Pension Starter Information Pack (Automatic Entry to Scheme) - the pack has been updated and no longer contains a scheme opt out form. If an employer receives a request from a member for an Opt-Out form, then they must either direct the individual to the member pages of our website, or the Pensions Office to obtain a copy
- Employer Starter Notification Form - the guidance contained in this document has been updated in light of the above, to make it clear that only a completed Opt-Out form should be accepted by an Employer as notice to cease membership of the Scheme. The Employer must also not accept any Opt-Out forms which are dated before the date on which the member is due to join the Scheme
- Opt-Out Forms have been changed to make it clear that an individual must not complete the form until after their pensionable employment has commenced. The Opt-Out form has also been removed from the available forms on the Employers Pages, as it is important that the Employer is not part of the process of providing the form to the individual. The individual must now obtain the form themselves from the member pages of our website or by contacting the Pensions Section
- Pension Starter Information Pack (Entry to Scheme by Election) - the wording of this document has been amended
- This Employers page can now be accessed using the following, more logical address www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/pensionsemployers.
- Please continue to ensure that neither of these pages are disclosed to Employees. These pages are for Employers Administrative use only.