Advice on COVID-19
Hands, face space and ventilate
Following the rules around hands, face, space and ventilate remain the most important steps everyone can take to prevent catching and spreading COVID-19.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use hand sanitiser, regularly throughout the day.
- Stay two metres apart from people you don’t live with or who aren’t part of your household or childcare bubble.
- Wear a face covering when social distancing is not possible.
- Even as restrictions start to ease, you should minimise the amount of time you spend indoors with people you do not live or share a support bubble with.
- Opening windows and doors at home is the simplest way of improving ventilation for most people.
Page updated: 19/03/2021