National and in county mental health services
On this page you will find an overview of some of the mental health services that are available in Gloucestershire and Nationally for both adults and young people to help you access the support that is right for you.
For further details of local support services, you can visit the 'who can I talk to?' page.
Local - IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) – Let’s Talk
0800 073 2200 | Visit the talk2gether website
- The service provides support for mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, OCD and phobias.
Local - Qwell
Visit the Qwell website
- Free, anonymous online counselling and self-help resources.
Local - Community Advice, Links, Mental Health Support (CALMHS)
0345 8638323 or 01452 317460 | Text: 07812 067087 | Visit the CALMHS website
- Offering those with moderate to severe mental ill health 1:1 support, personal support plans and signposting to other services.
- Phone, video call, text or email.
Local - Community Wellbeing Service
- Cheltenham and Tewkesbury - telephone: 0300 365 6463
- Cotswold - telephone: 01452 528491
- Gloucester - telephone: 0300 131 0024
- Forest of Dean - telephone: 01594 812447
- Stroud and Berkeley Vale - telephone: 0345 863 8323
- Connecting people to local services, organisations and groups that can help improve general wellbeing and meet wider social needs.
- For anyone over 16 living in Gloucestershire or registered with a Gloucestershire GP.
Local - Mental Health Matters
0808 145 4507 | Visit the Mental Health Matters website
- For adults 18 and over.
- 24 hour phone and web chat for emotional support and signposting to services.
- They are experiencing high demand currently – if unable to get through first time then advised to keep trying and/or try other services.
Local - Alexandra Wellbeing House
- Gloucestershire Telephone Wellbeing Support.
- Weekly telephone calls plus safety and support planning using the Five Ways to Wellbeing.
- Accepting new referrals from NHS teams and voluntary sector organisations.
Local - Gloucestershire Self Harm Helpline
0808 801 0606 | Text: 07537 410 022 | Visit the Gloucestershire Self Harm Helpline website
- For people who self harm, their families and carers.
- Telephone, web chat and text support 5:00pm-10:00pm daily.
Local - Gloucestershire Counselling Service
Offers affordable counselling online via telephone and video call. You can self-register via the Gloucestershire Counselling Service website for adults, children, young people and family counselling.
National - Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)
0800 58 58 58 | Visit The Calm Zone website
- A leading movement against male suicide.
- Helpline and webchat – 7 hours a day, 7 days a week.
National - Samaritans
- 24/7 listening support via email and phone call.
National - Shout
Text 'shout' to 85258 | Visit the Shout website.
- You can text us any time, day or night.
- Your messages with us are confidential and anonymous.
- It is free to text Shout 85258 from all major mobile networks in the UK.