Collect home test kits
If you haven’t done a rapid COVID-19 test before, it’s recommend that you visit a testing centre first to get used to how they work.
Do not collect your tests from a test centre if you are displaying any of the following symptoms or are currently self isolating:
- High temperature;
- New continuous cough; and / or
- Loss or change to sense of smell or taste.
If you have symptoms, self isolate and book a test for those with symptoms through the national testing portal.
To make it as easy as possible for everyone to access, there are a number of ways to get a rapid test, including:
- collecting from a community testing site;
- obtaining a testing kit from one of our PCR sites; or
- picking up a testing kit from a local pharmacy. Use the NHS map to find all collection site locations.
If you already get tests through your workplace or school, this is still the best route for you.