You will find information about the vaccination programme in Gloucestershire on this page.
Mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations
From November 11 2021, all care home workers, and anyone entering a care home, will need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are exempt under the regulations.
Read the Government guidance in full.
What are valid exemptions?
There are a very small number of people that are exempt, and these are usually due to previous severe reactions to the vaccine.
More information on this can be found in the main Government guidance.
Temporary medical exemptions for COVID-19 vaccination of people working or deployed in care homes
Three important documents have been issued by the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), regarding the processes for care workers to register exemptions for COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Letter on temporary exemption process
- Medical exemption - self-certification form
- Medical exemption - people vaccinated abroad form
Please note this is a temporary self-certification process that has been introduced for a short period prior to the launch of the New COVID Pass System. Once this is live, care workers will need to apply for a full medical exemption through that process.
Full medical exemptions
You will shortly be able to apply for permanent medical exemption.
To apply for and receive your COVID Pass medical exemption, you will need to phone the NHS COVID Pass service on 119 to ask for an NHS COVID Pass medical exemptions application form.
You may need to show your NHS COVID Pass, as it lets individuals share their COVID-19 vaccination records or test results in a secure way.
You could be asked to demonstrate your Covid status to:
- work or volunteer in a care home regulated by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) from 11 November 2021;
- be exempt from self-isolating for 10 days if you are a close contact of somebody with a confirmed case of COVID-19; and
- enter venues and events in England that require the NHS COVID Pass as a condition of entry.
See the eligibility criteria and the full policy for further details.