Looking after your wellbeing
It is important to look after your wellbeing during such a turbulent time.
If there is an immediate danger to life, please dial 999 or go to your nearest Accident and Emergency Department (A&E or ED).
Local - IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) – Let’s Talk
0800 073 2200 | Visit the talk2gether website
- The service provides support for mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, OCD and phobias.
Local - Qwell
Visit the Qwell website
- Free, anonymous online counselling and self-help resources.
Local - Community Advice, Links, Mental Health Support (CALMHS)
0345 8638323 or 01452 317460 | Text: 07812 067087 | Visit the CALMHS website
- Offering those with moderate to severe mental ill health 1:1 support, personal support plans and signposting to other services.
- Phone, video call, text or email.
Local - Community Wellbeing Service
- Cheltenham and Tewkesbury - telephone: 0300 365 6463
- Cotswold - telephone: 01452 528491
- Gloucester - telephone: 0300 131 0024
- Forest of Dean - telephone: 01594 812447
- Stroud and Berkeley Vale - telephone: 0345 863 8323
- Connecting people to local services, organisations and groups that can help improve general wellbeing and meet wider social needs.
- For anyone over 16 living in Gloucestershire or registered with a Gloucestershire GP.
Local - Mental Health Matters
0808 145 4507 | Visit the Mental Health Matters website
- For adults 18 and over.
- 24 hour phone and web chat for emotional support and signposting to services.
- They are experiencing high demand currently – if unable to get through first time then advised to keep trying and/or try other services.
Local - Alexandra Wellbeing House
- Gloucestershire Telephone Wellbeing Support.
- Weekly telephone calls plus safety and support planning using the Five Ways to Wellbeing.
- Accepting new referrals from NHS teams and voluntary sector organisations.
Local - Gloucestershire Self Harm Helpline
0808 801 0606 | Text: 07537 410 022 | Visit the Gloucestershire Self Harm Helpline website
- For people who self harm, their families and carers.
- Telephone, web chat and text support 5:00pm-10:00pm daily.
Local - Gloucestershire Counselling Service
Offers affordable counselling online via telephone and video call. You can self-register via the Gloucestershire Counselling Service website for adults, children, young people and family counselling.
National - Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM)
0800 58 58 58 | Visit The Calm Zone website
- A leading movement against male suicide.
- Helpline and webchat – 7 hours a day, 7 days a week.
National - Samaritans
- 24/7 listening support via email and phone call.
National - Shout
Text 'shout' to 85258 | Visit the Shout website.
- You can text us any time, day or night.
- Your messages with us are confidential and anonymous.
- It is free to text Shout 85258 from all major mobile networks in the UK.