Guidance for households with possible or confirmed COVID-19 infection
This guidance is for:
- people with symptoms that may be caused by COVID-19, including those who are waiting for a test.
- people who have received a positive COVID-19 test result (whether or not they have symptoms).
- people who currently live in the same household as someone with COVID-19 symptoms, or with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Self-isolation following a positive Lateral Flow Device (LFD) test
- How to minimise interacting with others during self-isolation
- Your health and wellbeing
- Negative test after experiencing symptoms
- Employees in care home, the NHS or a primary school
- Example of household self-isolation
- Further information
Health and wellbeing
We understand self-isolation can be hard so it is important to stay in contact with friends and family virtually by phone, or video call, keep up hobbies and activities from home if you can and get out in the garden or exercise in your home.
Find further information on looking after your mental health and wellbeing, visit the 'looking after your wellbeing' pages.