Information and resources for BAME communities
Although it can affect anyone, there is clear evidence that COVID-19 affects people from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) groups disproportionately. Gloucestershire County Council is working together with communities, groups and services to find out about the experience of COVID-19 in Gloucestershire BAME communities; exploring how we can support the recommendations identified in the Public Health England (PHE) report.
We are developing our information and resources for BAME communities and those that work with Gloucestershire communities. If you have suggestions or would like more information which could support BAME communities, please email Healthprotection@gloucestershire.gov.uk
There are a number of useful resources below:
COVID Resources in other languages:
- NHS guidelines translated into other languages
- Resources about coronavirus in South Asian Languages
- COVID-19 testing and treatment free of charge (Translated advice and guidance)
PHE Corona Virus Resources (posters, digital)
Community Help Hub
Gloucestershire’s councils and partners have created a community help hub to connect local people who need help, with others who can provide the support they need.
The hub includes four forms:
- ‘I can offer help’ – is for those who are able to support neighbours with tasks such as picking up prescriptions, shopping, dog walking and more
- ‘I need help’ – can be used by individuals to ask for support
- ‘My neighbour needs help’ – may be used by people to request help on behalf of a neighbour, relative or friend who cannot access the internet themselves
- ‘My business can help’ – will allow local businesses who may have skills and resources others could benefit from, to offer their help
Contact the Community Help Hub https://www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/helphub
Queries are mounting over the role Vitamin D has in differing the COVID-19 outcomes.
Healthy vitamin D levels are good for immunity, vitamin D helps regulate the amount of calcium and phosphate in the body and this is essential for healthy bones, teeth and muscles.