Information on the vaccination programme in Gloucestershire
Latest update from the NHS on the COVID-19 vaccination programme.
- Who will get the vaccine first?
- How is the vaccine being rolled out?
- What is the process for social care employers?
- Where will people get the vaccine?
- Why should Health and Social Care Workers get the vaccination?
- How can I cancel my vaccination appointment?
- Who can I contact?
- Further information on the COVID-19 vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccination and MCA and Best Interests Decisions
Who will get the vaccine first?
Phased vaccine supply means the bulk of vaccination for high risk groups is planned to take place between January and April. The NHS has produced a poster showing the order in which they are aiming to vaccinate groups, as recommended by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
The COVID-19 vaccinations that are currently available are given as 2 doses. You will have the 2nd up to 12 weeks after having the first.