Going back to school / college
School or college can be really enjoyable, but it can also be really tough. It’s a big part of your life and you spend a lot of time there, so it’s very normal to feel anxious, stressed or worried about it sometimes. These pages have been created to support you. You may also find it useful to view our Wellbeing support for all Gloucestershire citizens page. If you feel like you need some extra support, there are lots of free, confidential services that can help, see Who can I talk to? for more information.
Having problems with friendships can be really tough, and you might not know how to deal with it…
- Drifting apart is normal if your interests change, or if someone changes school
- It’s okay not to get along with everyone in your friendship group, as long as you aren’t unpleasant to each other
- Being in the middle of friends fighting can be frustrating - it’s okay to tell them how you feel
- If you’ve fallen out with a friend or made them feel bad, it's important to be able to apologise and respect them if they need some time or space
- If a friend has made you feel bad, it’s okay to tell them how you feel. They might have taken their stress out on you, or it might be that they need help to recognise the difference between ‘banter’ and being nasty