Help your child cope with school / college
It is completely normal for children and young people to worry about things that happen at school or college from time to time. If you are a parent it can be really concerning and you might wonder what you can do to support them.
Below are some ways to help your child / children cope with school or college.
What you can do to help
- Let your child know you are there to talk if they want to, but do not put too much pressure on them – let them open up in their own time.
- Ask them what it is that is worrying them. Reassure them that you can work together to address it.
- Speak to their school if needed or help your child plan what they want to say to their teachers or other trusted adults.
- Are there any changes to their daily routine that you could support them with? For example, help them make a revision schedule or plan a routine for the day.
- Could you suggest any ways to practise ‘self-care’? It could as simple as reading a good book, listening to music or going for a walk.