Step 4 guidance
We are now at Step 4 of the Government’s roadmap. This means that there are no longer legal restrictions on measures like wearing face coverings and social distancing; limits on the number of people you can meet up with and working from home.
Whilst some measures will no longer be a legal requirement, some will remain like test, trace and isolate, which will continue to play a key role in managing the virus and preventing the spread.
The lifting of restrictions doesn't mean Covid has gone away. The virus is still circulating in our community and it is right and encouraged that people still take steps to keep themselves and others safe:
- Get both doses of the COVID-19 vaccination.
- Continue with regular rapid testing for people with no symptoms.
- Although no longer a legal requirement, face coverings, social distancing and regular handwashing remain effective ways to help reduce the risk of spreading Covid.
- Spend time outside and let plenty of fresh air into indoor spaces.
- Gradually increase the number of people you meet up with.
- Download and use the NHS App, so you can take action to self-isolate and get tested.
For further information about Step 4 of the roadmap, visit the Government's COVID-19 response: Summer 2021 page.