Feeding the family
Providing healthy nutritious meals for your children on a budget or are looking for new ideas and inspiration. Some suggestions on how your family can eat healthily and enjoy some tasty food from breakfast to lunches to even picnics at the weekend can be found in the links below.
- BBC Good Food has 36 recipes that are cheap and wholesome suppers for the whole family including step - by - step videos
- The Change 4 Life Smart Recipes app has 160 recipes that are simple and easy to prepare and cook which you can get the children involved. Download for free on the Google Play Store or Apple IOS Store
- Newcastle City Council Public Health Team has compiled tips for feeding children on a budget and how best to make your food shop stretches further
- For anyone who has received a Food Parcel, Food Active has produced a list of ideas and inspiration to help you use the ingredients to create some delicious meals
- Access to food during the school holidays - information for families
Free school meals
Families with children who are eligible for benefits-related free school meals can continue to submit applications during the COVID outbreak. If your household income has changed recently you can check if your child is now eligible for Free School Meals. Please visit our website where you can apply online.