Click the options below to view relevant organisations that can offer support.
Sadly, some families may require bereavement support as a result of Coronavirus. This section contains some helplines and resources for families and professionals who are supporting the bereaved. They cover a range of support from talking about the loss of a loved one to managing grief in self-isolation.
- NHS COVID-19 National Bereavement helpline is open daily 8am - 8pm available on 0800 2600 400. The helpline is being staffed by NHS Blood and Transplant registered nurses who are highly skilled and experienced in bereaved people.
- The Compassionate Friends helpline open daily from 10am - 4pm and 7pm - 10pm available on 0345 123 2304. The helpline is staffed by trained volunteers who are all bereaved parents
- Winston Wish helpline is open Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm available on freephone 08088 020 021. The helpline is being staffed team all have wide knowledge, expertise and up - to - date experience of supporting bereaved children and their families. There is also online support chat available too
- Cruse Bereavement Care helpline is open Monday - Friday 9:30 - 5pm with extended hours to 8 pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Available on freephone 0808 808 1677 or email firstname.lastname@example.org The helpline is staffed by trained bereavement volunteers, who offer emotional support to anyone affected by bereavement.
- At a Loss Online Grief Chat is open Monday - Friday 9 am - 9 am. The online chat is staffed by trained bereavement counsellors