Test, trace and isolate
Get a PCR test if you:
- have any of the following symptoms: high temperature, new continuous cough; and / or loss or change to sense of smell or taste; or
- have been advised to get a PCR because you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
When booking your PCR test you can opt in for antibody testing.
The Government website has more information on when to get a Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR).
If you receive a positive LFD test result, you are no longer required to have a follow-up PCR test, and should stay at home and self-isolate immediately.
People who have a positive LFD test result should only have a follow-up PCR test if:
- they wish to claim the Test and Trace Support Payment
- they have a health condition that means they may be suitable for new COVID-19 treatments
- they are taking LFD tests as part of research or surveillance programmes, and the programme asks them to do so