Childcare Business Grants
The Childcare Business Grants Scheme will close to NEW applicants after the 31st March 2019...
Please access the link below for further information:
Childminding Support Groups
The purpose of the childminder support groups is primarily to provide a support network for childminders. But they do a lot more than just that. They can...
Offer peer support to all childminders
- Pass down training and to ensure that everyone is able to access training by helping with transport
- Encourage high standards of childcare
- Offer stay and play sessions for the childminders and the children, supporting the delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Peer support for new childminders
- Peer support for childminders to help to provide cover for times of illness or emergencies.
Support groups leaflets
How to become a childminder in Gloucestershire
Gloucestershire County Council's Early Years Service is pleased to be able to offer a highly subsidised, comprehensive training course, "First Steps to Childminding", to support the development of new childminders...
Each course takes place over 3 days (2 weekdays, 1 Saturday) and 2 evenings. Attendance at all sessions is required. The course will be delivered by experienced tutors who have a thorough understanding of the childminding sector and Ofsted requirements.
It will enable you to gain the required knowledge of legislation, childcare, child development, equality and inclusion and business practice to fully prepare you for the start of your childminding journey.
(Applicants are strongly advised to have completed a short Gloucestershire Pre-Registration course before enrolling on First Steps to Childminding)
To discuss the Pre-Registration course and First Steps to Childminding please contact The Early Years Service on 01452 427224, or email: email@example.com.
Please use the link below to find out Dates, Course Description and Venue so you will be able to book a place on the Pre-Registration course :
Already a childminder?
The Early Years Service offers support to childminders and home childcarers in Gloucestershire...
They can offer advice and support on a range of issues including:
- Support to all prospective childminders and home child carers
- Pre-Ofsted inspection visits
- Business support, including employing staff and working with assistants
- Support for childminders who wish to receive 2, 3 and 4 year old funding
- Support with working with the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework
- Support and guidance with quality improvement, risk assessments, policies and procedures
- Support for childminders to become quality assured through the Bristol Standard.
- Business support for childminders can be accessed by contacting Sarah Spencer on 07879 487663, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For childminder support groups please click here.